Upcoming Exhibits and Events:
And Still We Rise: Race, Culture and Visual Conversations Exhibition Feb. 7 - May 3, 2015
• This exhibit showcases 71 story quilts made by 60 artists, all of which tell stories from nearly four centuries of African American history; from the first slave ships to the first African American President.
World War I Exhibition Aug. 8 - Dec. 31, 2014
• When thinking of artwork, the mind hardly goes to war, however, some of the most beautiful works are born from strife; this exhibit features examples from World War I, items such as patriotic propaganda posters to the beautiful “trench art”, made using spent war materials.
Highwaymen Exhibition Jan. 15 - March 30, 2015
• Experience the beauty of the Highwaymen Paintings, not just for the stunning landscapes of Florida, but also for their true rags to riches story; one that began in the trunk of a car, but now finds itself in prestigious museums.
Long Way to the Top: Hard Rock in Orlando, 1978-1985 Exhibition April 1 - May 31, 2015
• Orlando distinguished itself as a hard-rocking town as it entered the 1980s. Explore yesterday’s concert venues and the state-of-the-art Bee Jay Recording Studios, where major bands like Judas Priest and Molly Hatchet laid down tracks.
Trick or Treat Safe Zone Oct. 26, 2014
• Bring your children to the History Center for a safe, fun trick or treat adventure. Young ghouls and goblins enjoy four floors of trick or treating along with creepy crafts, candy, and a scavenger hunt. Ages 12 and under welcome; must be accompanied by an adult.
General admission tickets are valid for permanent and limited-run exhibitions. Paid special events require separate ticketing. Some events require advance reservations. Prices and times subject to change. Our building and facilities are handicap accessible. We gladly accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards.
Call (800) 965-2030 or (407) 836-8500 for more information.