Upcoming Exhibits and Events:
Holiday at Heritage Square December 4, 2014 - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
• Bring friends and family to the Orange County Regional History Center for this free, festive holiday celebration. Mayor Teresa Jacobs flips the switch to light Heritage Square Thursday, Dec 4. Enjoy refreshments and musical performances, explore the museum, make holiday crafts, and more! Call 407-836-7010 for information.
And Still We Rise: Race, Culture and Visual Conversations Exhibition Feb. 7 - May 3, 2015
• This exhibit showcases 69 story quilts made by more than 60 artists, all of which tell stories from nearly four centuries of African American history; from the first slave ships to the first African American President.
World War I Exhibition Aug. 8 - Dec. 31, 2014
• When thinking of artwork, the mind hardly goes to war, however, some of the most beautiful works are born from strife; this exhibit features examples from World War I, items such as patriotic propaganda posters to the beautiful “trench art”, made using spent war materials.
The Art of the Highwaymen Jan. 15 - March 22, 2015
• Experience the beauty of the Highwaymen Paintings, not just for the stunning landscapes of Florida, but also for their true rags to riches story; one that began in the trunk of a car, but now finds itself in prestigious museums.
Long Way to the Top: Hard Rock in Orlando, 1978-1985 Exhibition April 1 - May 31, 2015
• Orlando distinguished itself as a hard-rocking town as it entered the 1980s. Explore yesterday’s concert venues and the state-of-the-art Bee Jay Recording Studios, where major bands like Judas Priest and Molly Hatchet laid down tracks.
General admission tickets are valid for permanent and limited-run exhibitions. Paid special events require separate ticketing. Some events require advance reservations. Prices and times subject to change. Our building and facilities are handicap accessible. We gladly accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover cards.
Call (800) 965-2030 or (407) 836-8500 for more information.